Easy Baked Ziti is a recipe for those busy nights, it is one of those recipes that you can get put together so quickly and then all the magic happens in the oven. I like to use this recipe on evenings when we are coming home and I want to get dinner going quickly but don’t want to spend all my time in the kitchen. What is also great is that this is a one pan meal so means that clean up after dinner is going to be easy as well. That’s a big bonus on busy nights.
What Ingredients you will need:
- Italian Sausage: I like to use the mild Italian sausage because my kids don’t like too much spice. If you like a little more spice you can absolutely use Hot Italian Sausage as well. I usually buy the big Costco pack and separate it into meal size packages I keep in the freezer.
- Ziti or Penne noodles: You can use either Ziti or Penne noodles in this recipe. I couldn’t find Ziti at my local store so I used Penne this time.
- Tomato Sauce: I use just plain sauce as we will add seasoning however if you like you could use a sauce that is already seasoned. Just check and make sure they don’t have a bunch of added sugars that are not needed.
- Italian Seasoning: You can find Italian seasoning at your local grocery store however again you want to ensure they don’t have any unnecessary sugar added (you’d be surprised). You can also make up your own Italian seasoning really quick and easy with just a few ingredients. I like to use this Italian Seasoning by Tasty Kitchen Creations.
- Cheese: What would Easy Baked ziti be without some gooey melted cheese on top! I like to use a shredded 3 Cheese that has a blend of Mozza, Provolone and Parmesan cheeses.
I like to make this a balanced meal by adding a side salad to the meal as well to make sure we get that serving of veggies in.
Easy Baked Ziti
- 4 cups ziti or penne noodles
- 2 – 398 ml cans Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3 Italian Sausages mild or hot
- 3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1½ – 2 cups Shredded 3 Cheese mix
- Pre heat oven to 350°. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray ensuring to get up all the sides.
- Squeeze Italian sausage out of casing and form into small meatballs and place into baking dish. Place pasta into the baking dish as well.
- Mix the Italian seasoning in with the tomato sauce. Pour into baking dish along with the water. Stir to mix well and make sure all pasta is covered with liquid.
- Bake in the oven covered for 50 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes until cheese is nicely melted on top.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for more Easy one pot meals Check out these family favorites:
- One-Pan Chicken & Rice Pilaf
- Healthier Cheesy Ranch Chicken Penne
- Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits
I hope you all enjoy this Easy Baked Ziti as much as me and my family do.