Summer is in full swing and my gardens are getting full. We have a small raised garden bed in our back yard that we have a few smaller items like radish, lettuce and carrots but then we have a plot at our local Community Garden.
I love the community garden plot that we have. We have lots of space there for all the delicious veggies we like to grow and have fresh. This year I planted lots of broccoli….like 8 plants. We love broccoli and I have grown it in the past. We had a couple plants and we really enjoyed them fresh from the garden. They were so good I just had to plant more this year, which was great however in the end we did have 5 heads of broccoli all ready at the same time.
We all love broccoli so this isn’t that much of a problem except that we don’t want to always have steamed or roasted broccoli, so I was finding other ways to use it.
Easy & Delicious
Broccoli salad is a recipe I have had many times. I had a friend who made it for BBQ’s a couple times and I’ve also had it at Potlucks as it is easy to make and it also keeps well if made a bit in advance.
It is a simple recipe with an easy 3 ingredient homemade dressing. I like to use my homemade Greek Yogurt just to keep that dressing a bit healthier with a little honey and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and your set. Make the dressing first and let the flavors blend together.
Toss the rest of the ingredients for Broccoli Salad in the bowl and then toss in the dressing. I love the simplicity of this recipe.
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup Real Bacon Bits or any of your favorite bacon baked at home
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
- Prepare your dressing by whisking Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice and salt & pepper together in a small bowl. Let the flavors marry while you prepare the salad.
- Wash and cut Broccoli into bite size pieces. Make sure to completely dry the broccoli so doesn't water down the dressing
- Combine broccoli, diced red onion, cranberries, bacon bits, sunflower seeds and cheese in a bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss salad.
- Let salad chill for at least half hour before serving.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious Broccoli Salad recipe as much as me and my family do.