In the spring and summer months I am so excited for all the fresh fruits and veggies that come into season. I go to the store and find all the berries so delicious looking and I buy them all. Now a lot of the time we will eat them all up right away, however there are times when we just don’t get around to eating all those beautiful fruits and they start to look a little weepy.
The fruit is still good but just not looking as fabulous as it was when I bought it in the store. We all know that we eat with our eyes, I do for sure, so sometimes they just keep getting left behind. This is when I will gather all the fruit and make up a quick batch of Chia Jam. Today I have Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries so I will have a Mixed Berry Chia Jam this time.
Chia Jam is different than traditional jam in that is is quick to make and doesn’t use a lot of sugar. I use raw cane sugar in mine mostly but you can use maple syrup. I make up small batches with the extra fruit we have and I am able to just put it into a container in the fridge and I don’t have to worry about the canning process.
How To Make Mixed Berry Chia Jam
- Place fruit into a pot with 1 Tbsp Chia seeds and 1 Tbsp Raw Cane Sugar. If you want you can also add a little lemon zest.
2. Bring fruit to a simmer and mash. Let simmer a few more minutes until desired consistency. You can choose how much you want to mash down your fruit. I like mine more mashed but others like it with more chunks of fruit.
3. Let cool at least 20 min in the fridge before serving. There are so many fabulous ways to enjoy your fresh Mixed Berry Jam. Add it to Homemade Greek Yogurt , on top of toast for breakfast or even baked into a cobbler.
Frozen fruit also work really well for this recipe if you are looking to make jam but don’t have any fresh fruit on hand.
Other Great Chia Jam Fruit Combinations
- Strawberry Rhubarb
- Peach Raspberry
- Peach Blueberry
- Mango, Peach, Strawberry
Mixed Berry Chia Jam
- 2 cups Mixed Berries Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Raw Cane Sugar
- Lemon Zest to taste optional
- Place diced up fruit in pot with Chia seeds, Raw Cane Sugar and Lemon Zest if desired.
- Bring fruit to a simmer over med-high heat.
- Mash fruit to desired consistency.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for about 5 min until fully cooked fruit.
- Cool in fridge for 20 min before serving.
I hope you all enjoy.
Leave a comment and let me know what fruit flavor combination is your favorite.