Mmm, this Mediterranean Chickpea salad is one of my favorite salads to make up when I am craving something Mediterranean or Greek. It is protein packed with the chickpeas and quinoa, and is full of delicious fresh veggies, and who doesn’t love anything that has feta cheese in it!
This Mediterranean Chickpea salad is great for meal prep, makes for quick and easy weekday lunches. I add a bit of chicken to round out my lunch with a little added protein to make sure I stay full until dinner.
This salad is also a hit with potlucks and BBQ’s. I have taken it to a few work potlucks and it has always been enjoyed by many.
It is quick and easy to make up – just need to cook up the quinoa a little in advance so it has time to cool. I make this with my homemade Greek Salad Dressing which only takes a couple minutes to put together. Then you simply toss all together in a big bowl and it is ready to serve.
This salad will keep for a few days in the fridge. This recipe makes a big batch of the salad. You can easily half the size of the salad if you wish. I will often only make half the salad at one time as it is not one that we can eat all up in a few days if its just us as a family.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 english cucumber diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 sweet bell pepper orange, yellow or red
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek Style dressing look for my recipe link above
- Cook quinoa as directed, in small saucepan with water and chicken bouillon. Once cooked cool completely
- In bowl combine Chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onions, and cooled quinoa. Toss with dressing
- Add in the feta and toss gently.
I hope you all enjoy!