I love getting Greek food when out at the mall for dinner, those lemon potatoes they have are so good. However I don’t really go to the mall that often and so I don’t get them from there that often. I decided to try making Greek Style Roasted Potatoes at home and fell in love with this recipe.
I like using the mini potatoes for this recipe because that makes it even easier as I don’t even need to cut them they are small enough to roast whole. I have also used Red Potatoes often for this recipe.
Yukon gold and Red potatoes both are great potatoes for roasting as they both have low starch content and handle the high heat of roasting well without falling apart. Which is exactly what you want for a delicious roasted potato.
This recipe is so easy and packs a lot of flavor they have a great lemon flavor and the herbs and spices that you add near the end of roasting them stay fresh and very flavorful.
Greek Style Roasted Potatoes are delicious paired with Chicken Souvlaki, Greek Pork tenderloin, or Grilled chicken breast. I will also serve with a side Greek Salad made with Homemade Greek Salad Dressing. It makes for a well balanced Greek Style dinner. Greek Style Roasted potatoes would also make for a really great potluck dish, I’m sure they would be a crowd pleaser.
Greek Style Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pkg Mini Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic I use pre-minced garlic but it is equal to 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°C and prepare a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a liquid measuring cup measure out water and lemon juice, then stir in the chicken bouillon, olive oil and salt.
- Arrange potatoes in the Baking dish. Pour water and juice mixture over top of potatoes and stir to fully coat the potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with tin foil and bake for 45 min – Stirring once to ensure potatoes are not sticking.
- Remove potatoes and add minced garlic, thyme and rosemary stir to coat evenly. Return the potatoes to the oven for another 30 min to finish cooking.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy!