When I have a little extra time in the morning I enjoy being able to sit down and enjoy one of my favorite breakfasts and that is this Egg Breakfast Scramble. Usually weekend mornings my kids love pancakes but my favorite is definitely eggs.
Growing up weekend mornings often had Eggs for breakfast with all the fixings. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast etc… but later on looking for a better way to balance my morning Eggs while still including my favorite part (the hash browns!!) I came up with this delicious balanced Egg Breakfast Scramble.
This has become my go to morning breakfast when I have a little time to cook up a wonderful meal. The best part is that you can make it for just yourself – as I typically do – or you can easily just add a little bit extra and make it for 2, 6 or as many as you have to feed that morning.
One of the best parts is that the fresh vegetables that you put in can be changed up and that makes it easy to make everyone their own favorite Egg Breakfast Scramble. I will often make mine up with onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. My youngest however only likes peppers fresh so I make hers without. Everyone can have their favorite without too much hassle.
Egg Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup hash browns
- 1/2 cup veggies of choice mushrooms, sweet peppers, green onions, spinach, etc.
- 1/4 cup ham or Canadian Back Bacon
- seasoning salt to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk optional
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce (don't add too much extra if multiplying recipe to make for more people)
- Heat butter in frying pan and add the hash browns, your veggies of choice and ham. Season to taste with Seasoning salt. Once cooked through set aside in dish to keep warm.
- While hash browns are cooking mix eggs, milk and Worcestershire sauce in bowl.
- Once hash browns have been set aside add eggs to the frying pan and scramble, adding seasoning salt to taste as they cook.
- Once eggs are cooked add to the bowl with hash browns and enjoy immediately.
I hope you all enjoy!