I love pasta and it is one of my favorite side dishes to make for dinner. These Creamy Chicken Side Noodles are perfect side dish to have along with Grilled Chicken, Homemade Shake & Bake Chicken, Pork Chops or really so many different meals.
This dish I made as a replacement to buying the packaged side meals in the stores. I prefer to make things homemade as much as possible to keep my meals healthier and with less preservatives. Creamy Chicken Side Noodles are perfect for just that and they cook up quickly making them a great weeknight dish.
This is an easy side dish to make and you will love that you can use any small pasta you wish so you can pick a favorite or have one of the kids pick the one they want this time while at the grocery store. Most of the time I will use a broad noodle but my kids have chosen macaroni and penne before, all depends what I have on hand or what the kids find most interesting this time at the store.
Chicken Side Noodles
- 8 oz small pasta of choice optional: whole wheat or gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Carrot minced, small
- 1 Celery minced, small
- 1 shallot small
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour option: gluten-free flour of choice
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Cook pasta as per directions on package
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and shallots to the pan along with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until vegetables are tender and onions translucent
- Add flour and saute for another minute
- Combine Chicken Bouillon and Water to make a Chicken broth
- Stir in Chicken Broth and Milk about ½ cup at a time and stirring well to avoid any clumping. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and continue to stir frequently until sauce has thickened
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine. Serve Immediately
Hope you all enjoy!