Fall has arrived here and you know what that means…Pumpkin everything. Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkin Pies, Pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin Bread, cookies and so much more.
Last week I bought a pumpkin to make my own pumpkin puree. I now have a bunch of pumpkin puree to create all kinds of goodies. Making your own pumpkin puree means you are getting real pumpkin – spoiler pumpkin from a can is not actually pumpkin! A lot of the time its actually a mix of winter squashes like butternut, Hubbard, Boston Marrow, and Golden Delicious, these are often sweeter and richer in color than real pumpkin. I was shocked when I found this out recently, I had no idea.
This weekend is Thanksgiving and so some kind of pumpkin treat is a must. Today I baked this delicious Cream Cheese filled Pumpkin Bread using my freshly made pumpkin puree. I’m sure this will be the perfect addition to our Thanksgiving desserts, also will be great to curl up with along with a nice cup of tea one evening.
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Loaf
Pumpkin Bread Batter
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray and flour one loaf pan
- Mix together pumpkin, sugars, oil, egg, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until well combined. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined, Do Not Overmix.
- In a separate bowl combine the Cream Cheese filling ingredients until well combined.
- Fill your loaf pan with 1/2-2/3 of the Pumpkin Bread batter. Spread out to ensure you fill all the corners. Add the cream cheese layer and spread out carefully so as to not mix with the batter. Then top with the remaining Pumpkin bread batter, again spreading carefully to ensure it is not mixed with the Cream Cheese filling.
- Place loaf pan on middle oven rack and bake for 60-65 min until a toothpick comes out clean of any batter. Let cool in the loaf pan for at least 15 min then turn over and remove from pan. Let cool completely before cutting.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we will this Thanksgiving.